The following standards will be used to judge your application for tenancy. You must meet the following standards to qualify to sign a rental agreement with us. Applicants are judged on the same standards on a first-come/first-serve basis, one person or family at a time. Any incorrect inconsistencies on the application will result in an automatic denial of the application.
• $40 NON-REFUNDABLE APPLICATION FEE: Each applicant over the age of 18 must pay an application fee and consent to have a background check done on them. Co-signers must also pay an application fee and give the same consent as other applicants.
• SECURITY DEPOSIT: Applicants must provide a check for the full amount of the security deposit (including) any additional deposit amounts for pets or other reasons) for the application to be considered complete. A portion of the deposit will be used after move out for both carpet and home cleaning with vendors chosen by A+ Property Managers. The deposit will be returned if the application is denied.
• PHOTO IDENTIFICATION: All applicants over the age of 18 must provide current government-issued photo identification at the time of application.
• EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS: Employment history should show that the applicant has been employed with their current employer for at least 6 months. Exceptions can be made for recent graduates who provide proof of graduation. current students who provide proof of enrollment, and self-employed applicants who provide a CAP-prepared financial statement or most recent tax return. Applicants with less than 6 months of employment with the current employer may be approved if they pay an additional security deposit or have an approved co-signer and provide proof that they have been employed with their current employer for 2 months or were employed with their previous employer for at least 6 months. All employment history will be verified by contacting the employer.
• INCOME REQUIREMENTS: Each potential adult leaseholder will be held financially responsible and individually will need to provide an income of at least three times the monthly rent. Applicants who do not have the requisite income will be considered if they provide a co-signer or provide proof of cash reserves equal to at least 12 times the monthly rent.
• RENTAL HISTORY: Applicants must provide the name and contact information for their previous two landlords, or all landlords in the last five years. Applicants must also provide all of the addresses they have lived at for the last five years. Applicants will not be approved if they have had any evictions, defaults in lease agreements, late rental payments, or if they owe any money to any other landlord.
• RENTER’S INSURANCE: Applicants will be required to have renters insurance before occupying the premises.
• CREDIT HISTORY: Your credit must reflect that all accounts are current. Applications for tenancy will be denied if you have filed for bankruptcy in the last 2 years, or if you have any bankruptcies that have not been discharged at least one year prior to the application. All collection accounts must be “paid in full/ as agreed” Applicants with past due accounts/accounts in collections may qualify if they pay an additional security deposit or have an approved co-signer.
• CRIMINAL HISTORY: Your application may be rejected if you have been convicted in the last 5 years of any crime against a person or property that would present a threat to the owners or neighbors or the rental property. Applicants on probation or parole must provide contact information for their parole officers. Applicants on a
publicly available list of offenders who are required to publish their address will be denied. If the only reason your application is denied is due to your criminal history, you will be given the opportunity to present mitigating factors.
• MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY: 2 occupants per bedroom plus an additional occupant for each residence. IE. 3 in a one-bedroom/studio. 5 in a two-bedroom. 7 in a three-bedroom, etc.
• PETS: Pets may be approved if they meet the following requirements: a good reference from the previous landlord for the pet’s behavior, a complete veterinary medical history (including immunizations and sterilization) is provided, an additional deposit is paid and an additional amount of “pet rent” is agreed upon. The owner reserves the right to deny the application based on the size, species or breed of the pet.
If your application is approved you will be notified. You will have 48 hours from the notification of your approval to sign a lease agreement. If you do not, then other applicants may be considered and given the opportunity to sign a lease.
We are committed to equal housing opportunity and provide housing opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, familial status, or any other legally protected class.